Empty large coffee container
Carbon filter sheet
Hot glue gun
1. Plug your hot glue gun in so it’s ready to use.
2. Take your empty coffee container and punch 8-10 holes in the top with a screwdriver.
3. Lay your coffee container lid upside down and trace around the smaller part on your carbon filter sheet with a white colored pencil.
4. Cut out the part that you just traced and glue to underside of coffee container lid with hot glue gun. This is going to eliminate any smell from your container
5. Choose a duck tape pattern that you like and line the outside of coffee can vertically while overlapping strips to fit the coffee container.
6. Write “Compost” on your chalkboard tape with your chalkboard pen and attach to container.
This is a fun project that even a child can do and it would make a great Christmas gift for those who want to start collecting their compostable food scraps and don’t want to buy an expensive countertop container. You can collect several used coffee containers from friends and family and the rest of the supplies listed above will make you several of these homemade countertop compost containers.
Let me know if you make one and put a picture of it on the Facebook page!